Garden Design Process
In general the process is as follows:
- An initial consultation - provides the basis for the client to get to know the designer & for the designer to understand the gardening needs and dreams of the client. A chance to view Cathy's portfolio & numerous books for inspiration.
- A client brief summarising your garden requirements will be sent to you including a quote for the design.
- A further meeting will then take place to hone your requirements & to undertake a full site survey of the existing garden.
- The next meeting is arranged to present a scaled sketch plan with design ideas including simple visualisations for discussion & adaptation.
- The final scaled masterplan is drawn up with 3D views of the proposed garden.
- Cathy can organise the garden landscaping & oversee the process.
- Planting plans can be drawn up with detailed lists of plants & numbers which Cathy can source & plant.
At this point the garden design is complete but Cathy always likes to follow up her designs checking that everything is looking good & providing advice for those that need it on maintaining the garden as it matures.